Taken from a painting of Kapiti Island at Sunset.
by Sonia Savage.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Meme What are you Reading?


Again I am joining in the meme over at Mentor Texts.
Hop on over and join in over at the Mentor Text Blog. Just click on the picture below.





This last week I read The Red Pyramid, the first of the Kane Chronicles.  It was good and I enjoyed the humour.  This book had a lot of action and adventure as well as Egyptian mythology.  It is not my favourite genre, however I enjoyed it enough to read on into the series.  So sometime this year I will read the next one.







I also have been listening to Insurgent - and am about half way through. This book too is full of action!  What did I just say about lots of action, can't be listening to myself.  I am really enjoying this audio version.








For the coming week I plan to finish listening to Insurgent and then reading Holes by Louis Sachar.  It is one I have been planning to read for ages, also being the 1999 Newbery medal winner, it means I cross
 another medal book off my list as read.

I am also reading all over the web as I gather information on digital storytelling and the making of videos aspect of that.  This morning I was just reading Matthew Needleman say that media literacy is important, and by making a movie it helps us to analyse and think critically about visual media. So I still have a lot of reading to do just on his blog!

6 comments:

  1. I'm just starting Divergent, Kathryn. Wow, with all the reading of this book, it's like a book club for the series! I guess this is from the influence of the Hunger Games. Perhaps when I finish I can find the audio of this next one. Thanks for telling about The Red Pyramid. I didn't know it too was a series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda
      The funny thing is I read Divergent ever before I read the Hunger Game trilogy. When I could cope with Divergent, I finally got up the courage to read Hunger Games. Silly me! Why did I put it off!
      Kathryn

      Delete
  2. It seems as though "Insurgent" is every where...as Linda said, the Hunger Games has influenced so much already! "Holes" is one of those all time favorites - reading it always gives the class so much to talk about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holes is so so wonderful. I bet you will love it! Good to know that the Insurgent audiobook is good. I'll have to track it down. I think I would do better listening to Insurgent than reading it. I thought the Red Pyramid was worth a read. Not my genre either, but it was entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holes packs alot more emotion than you would expect. A good read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Kane Chronicles- not as much as Percy Jackson, but more than the Heroes of Olympian series. I have The Serpent's Shadow, but I haven't gotten around to it. Same with Insurgent- I got them both on 5/1, but they are just hanging out in a pile waiting for me.

    Happy reading this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...